FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Citizen Participation and Oversight Specialist.
This position is for an anticipated federalization and local governance support program in Nepal called Sajhedari. The Sajhedari activity will primarily provide technical assistance and capacity building to the Government of Nepal in the transition from a unitary state to a federation of provinces and to enhance citizen participation in and oversight of local governance.
Citizen Participation and Oversight Specialist
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
FHI 360 seeks a Citizen Participation and Oversight Specialist, who will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity of and improving mechanisms for civil society organizations to be involved in local decision-making and oversight. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, and implementation of civil society strengthening and citizen engagement activities.
- Maintain constructive dialogue with government counterparts, grantees, and other partners.
- Develop tools for the implementation of program components.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and make adjustments as needed.
- Represent FHI 360 to external entities at meetings and conferences.
- Ensure the inclusion and empowerment of women and marginalized communities in citizen decision-making and oversight activities.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. governance, international development, sociology, political science, economics and communications)
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in management and implementation of large civil society, advocacy, local governance, or citizen engagement projects and/or programs.
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming and social inclusion principles.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience on USAID projects preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Relevant computer software skills (at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be fluent in English and Nepali, both in written and spoken forms.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. February 28, 2018.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.