Position Title:COUNTRY DIRECTOR, NEPAL
Position Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Reports to: Regional Director Asia, CECI Montreal
Contract term: 1 year contract renewable, starting ASAP
Deadline to apply: 4 June, 2018
CECI is currently recruiting a Nepali citizen for the position of Country Director. Reporting to the Regional Director Asia, the Country Director is responsible for representation with the government, donors and key stakeholders and partners, and ensuring smooth operation of ongoing projects, program development, as well as leading the Institutional transformation process in Nepal.
Management and Programming
- Overseeing all management issues such as questions of employment practices, taxation, banking controls, INGO registration (CECI is aiming to have consistency in HR policies and practices across all country programs);
- Providing advisory support to ongoing projects, including volunteer cooperation program in Nepal;
- Supervising, guiding and evaluating the work of the Team Leaders of the projects and any other staff directly reporting.
- Recruiting, maintaining and directing the required administrative and project infrastructure of staff, all offices and equipment as well as making decisions on administrative policy, planning and procedural matters in line with the approved procedure;
- Providing ongoing project direction and monitoring, and take project implementation responsibility when needed.
- Ensuring that CECI security policy, procedures and preparedness remain relevant for the context in Nepal.
Liaison, Representation and Public Engagement
- Liaising with external stakeholders (GoN, INGOs, NGOs, Donors, etc.) from institutional perspective - represents CECI in Nepal; Networking (AIN).
- Ensuring CECI retains a good open and transparent working relationship with GoN;
- Ensuring that CECI in Nepal adheres to any bilateral and project MOU with SWC or Ministries, registration, reporting, audit and transparency requirements;
- Responding to information requests related to CECI as an INGO in Nepal.
- Promote CECI’s participation in solidarity or advocacy initiatives.
- Promote CECI with donors and other key stakeholders. Promoting projects (lessons learned, achievements) with stakeholders. Follow-up with donors on their planning, exchanging project ideas and position CECI for upcoming project opportunities.
- Signing of official documents for CECI-Nepal.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing a diverse portfolio of projects including humanitarian and volunteer cooperation programs.
- Provide guidance to Program Development (PD) Coordinator in developing strong proposal working in close collaboration with CECI Montreal Asia team and PD unit.
- Provide leadership in diversification of funding.
- Ensure strategic monitoring of new proposal leads proactively
- Maintain good relation with Donors, Stakeholders and partners (both National and International) and meet on a regular basis.
- Lead the CECI-Nepal strategic planning process and follow up on the work plan.
INSTITUTIONAL TRANSFORMATION PROCESS:
- Lead integration of CECI Nepal in the Institutional transformation process (working toward CECI International Network)
- Work on an appropriate governance structure in close collaboration with the Institutional transformation process mechanism led by the HQ.
- Actively seek and develop further a strong Advisory Committee (Governance structure at country level comprising of members from the Civil Society and Government)
- Actively facilitate a strategy toward a CECI Nepal entity in line with a road map and active participation of the Advisory Committee and CECI Nepal staff.
- Participate in Annual CECI International Governance meeting or more often in person in Canada and/or remotely.
- A post-graduate university degree in international development; management; economics; or other relevant social science. An undergraduate university degree plus equivalent experience could be considered.
Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of ten years of progressively more responsible assignments related to the management of development projects involving technical and/or small-scale income generation activities. Experience with humanitarian response and volunteer cooperation will be considered an asset.
- Proven managerial, administrative and organizational leadership skills, including the knowledge of financial and narrative reporting procedures and a solid track record in strategic program and project planning and implementation;
- Proven knowledge and experience in the economic and agriculture sector in a management capacity;
- Proven knowledge and experience in facilitating links with private sector actors
- Proven knowledge and experience in social marketing and community engagement;
- Proven experience managing a large, multi-disciplinary and multi-ethnic team;
- Diplomatic skills and proven intercultural and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- A solid knowledge of computer technology, in particular, internet, word processing and spreadsheet software. CECI uses MS Office and Google Drive;
- Proven knowledge of and commitment to the concepts of Gender and Social Inclusion and of equity in the workplace;
- Demonstrated experience working with a facilitative and collaborative leadership style;
- Experience in capacity building with local partner organizations and a commitment to a participatory partnership approach to development; and
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada, USAID or EU supported projects, including a solid understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
- Fluent in Nepali.
- Superior oral and written skills required in English.
- Skills in French considered an asset.
To Apply: All interested candidates meeting the requirements should send a Cover letter explaining the motivation to apply for this position and an updated curriculum vitae (CV) to ServiceRH@ceci.ca before 4 June 2018.
For further details please login to http://www.ceci.ca/en/jobs/694.
CECI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.