Job Title: District Administrative Officers
Division: International Water, Environment and Climate Change
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Three roles are available in Dhading, Gorkha and Nuwakot, Nepal
Mott MacDonald has recently been appointed by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) as Implementing Supplier for “Purnima: UK Support to Post Earthquake Recovery in Nepal Programme”. The Programme will provide support for post-earthquake recovery; delivery of reconstructed infrastructure; and a challenge fund to ensure that the poor and most vulnerable are not left behind. The Programme will operate across Gorkha, Dhading, Nuwakot and Rasuwa, with the main office in Kathmandu.
The role of Administration Assistant will sit within the Operations & Finance Team, which is responsible for ensuring that all financial, operational and administrative aspects of the Project run effectively. Day-to-day the Admin Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that activities are implemented in accordance with Mott MacDonald processes and procedures.
- Carry out routine tasks to ensure that the office is a safe working environment
- Procure and manage office supplies in accordance with company procedures
- Carry out general office duties as requested by the District Coordinator and Operations Manager.
- Maintain petty cash in district level, keep record and report to the finance team in Kathmandu.
- Provide support to the procurement activities at district level.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Liaise with finance team on payments to vendors/suppliers
- Support the delivery arrangements of all goods including printed materials.
- Establish a good working relationship with local vendors, including the establishment of framework agreement for hotels, ICT equipment etc.
- Liaise with Sr. Admin officer and assist to maintain the Approved Supplier list for district level.
- Supporting the Technical Team in the organisation of workshops, meetings and other events
- Administer finances at workshops and other events, in accordance with Mott MacDonald Finance procedures, when required.
- Liaising with hotels, accommodation and other logistics providers.
- Assist in keeping record of the assets, maintain inventory and communicate with Kathmandu Administration for any changes.
- Keep a record of returnable equipment allocation at district level up-to-date and communicate on this with Kathmandu Administration.
- Assist Admin officer in preparing up-to-date assets list.
- Manage vehicle bookings at district level
- Verify log sheet of vehicles and fuel invoices
- Assist Admin officer at Kathmandu in preparing monthly fleet report
- Management and timely communication of local arrangement such as hotel booking, fleet management for field trip.
- Support in provision of local transportation and compliance with operational and security procedures
- Provide general administration and clerical support in district including scanning, mailing, photo copying, taking/editing and circulating the minutes.
- Supporting sub-consultants with their administration and other arrangements
- Assist in managing the communications (office phones, phone credit, internet, etc) at district level.
- Manage office arrangements as required for delivery of the programme.
- Provide support to Operations Manager and District Coordinator on local recruitment.
Maintain operations records in accordance with Mott MacDonald processes and procedures
Supporting in the ethics, transparency and accountability principles of the Programme and of Mott MacDonald;
Be proactive and responsive to performing any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or District Coordinator.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
Required competencies and experience
- Qualifications/at least 3 years proven experience in an administrative or logistics role;
- Experience handling logistical challenges in Gorkha, Dhading, Nuwakot and Rasuwa and in negotiating to ensure efficient use of resources;
- Experience of Managing fleet and providing administrative/clerical support,
- Experience on DFID or other donor funded projects is beneficial
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Nepalese.
- Willingness to be pro-active, responsive and flexible to the changing requirements of the project;
- Excellent IT skills and confidence in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure;
- A team player with experience of working within team hierarchies and towards the common vision of a programme;
Other desirable competencies and experience
- Experience of working on donor-funded programmes in multi-national teams;
- Ability to draft letters in English and Nepalese;
- Ability to draft processes and procedures in Nepalese and English.
- Locals from the working districts are encouraged to apply
Please apply at the following link by 31-May-2018