Job Title: Finance & Operations Officer
Supervisor: Finance & Operations Manager
Position Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., an NGO, is recruiting for one (1) position to manage the finances and operations on a number small project in our office in Nepal.
The Finance & Operations Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of project finances and operations. He/She is responsible for maintenance of financial management and internal controls of the field office, and coordinates closely with the JSI/Home Office to ensure quality management practices are adhered to. He/She will oversee all accounting functions, manage project procurements, and have oversight of project logistics including inventory and transportation needs.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate the title of the position you are applying for, or your application will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
- Ensure that all activities, processes and procedures are carried out in accordance to JSI and Donor rules and regulations that are listed in the code of conduct, operations, and local hire employment manuals;
- Preparation of monthly cash flow request for submission to JSI/Home Office;
- Oversee all project advances and ensure timely reconciliation of advances;
- Prepare and record (in Quickbooks) all accounting transactions accurately and in a timely way, with all expenditures supported by appropriate approvals and proper documentation that complies with JSI and donor reporting requirements ;
- Preparation of bank reconciliation, monthly field reports, monthly payroll including remittance of the necessary taxes to the authorities, process payment vouchers and vendor reconciliation;
- Upload QB database monthly into US based field account system per standard schedule;
- Lead the procurement process including the identification and establishment of relationships with vendors, and the maintenance of office procedures and schedules;
- Manage project inventory and stores including the tracking, updating, and dispositions of items as needed;
- Provide support for bank account opening and project/organizational registration, as needed;
- Coordinate closely with the JSI office in DRC to ensure consistency in policies and procedures implementation across all F&A tasks;
- Respond promptly to administrative and fiscal queries from the home office;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree in Business Studies (Finance or Accounting option) or Professional Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in financial management preferably with an International NGO:
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills:
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel), and Internet:
- Skills in QuickBooks accounting software preferable;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Fluency in Nepalese and English (verbal and written) are required.