Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/02/18
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Messenger
Position Required: 1 Position
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 1
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 22, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the National Procurement Logistics Officer and direct supervision of the Common Services Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal the incumbent will be responsible for providing clerical support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Deliver outgoing documents of all departments to respective offices.
- Deliver specimens and documents from MHAC to laboratory and assist MHAC when needed.
- Make necessary bank transactions required by finance department
- Deliver various payments in coordination with finance department.
- Check post box regularly.
- File newspaper on a daily basis.
- Support Government Liaison Unit with the delivery of visa applications/documents to Government authorities and embassies.
- Escort fuel tank from Nepal Oil Corporation to IOM to ensure there is no discrepancies on delivery of diesel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resourcesô€‚ƒ Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 22 January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview
Posting period: From 09.01.2018 to 22.01.2018