Job Description - READVERTISEMENT
Position: Private Sector Engagement Specialist (national position)
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party or designate
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 1 year, renewable based on funding and performance (immediate start)
Hamro Samman, a 5-year counter-trafficking in persons project generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Winrock International, is seeking a Private Sector Engagement Specialist to join its small, dynamic team. The program seeks to strengthen the national and local government efforts to combat TIP, improve CSO advocacy, and increase private sector partnerships to assist survivors and those at-risk.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Summary of position: The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will work under the supervision of the Chief of Party or her designate and the mentorship of the Strategic Partnerships Advisor to engage a range of businesses in Nepal in pursuit of project goals focused on prevention, protection and prosecution strategies to counter human trafficking in Nepal. The successful candidate need not have directly related experience but must be proactive, enthusiastic and willing to learn on the job.
Detailed Description of Duties:
- Support and manage the formulation of strategies and activities to engage the private sector to expand and improve services to counter trafficking in persons. These partnerships will aim to improve the quality of existing services, reduce legal barriers to access justice and increase prosecutions, foster safe migration, and generate innovative solutions to support survivors and populations at-risk.
- Support and manage the development, structuring and delivery of private sector partnerships and projects that draw on the comparative strengths and resources of public and private actors.
- Work in close coordination with the Strategic Partnerships Advisor to represent Hamro Samman project and coordinate all technical activities related to building and management of private sector engagement activities.
- Prepare and integrate a measurable and time-bound workplan indicating concrete results and interventions for private sector engagement at all levels of project implementation
- Monitor and document the outcomes of the private sector workplan, highlighting good practices, lessons learned and ways forward
- Support other Hamro Samman staff and partners to integrate private sector engagement strategies across the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in the field of project management, business administration, marketing communications, economics, law, or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience, ideally related to partnership development with private sector institutions and development or human rights. Knowledge of counter-trafficking in persons an asset but not required
- Knowledge of the Nepalese regulatory framework related to enterprises, business finance, and social involvement activities of private sector institutions desired
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and ethical management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, support and manage negotiations, and reach consensus among multiple private and public sector stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Excellent networking, advocacy and social marketing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft)
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Private Sector Engagement Specialist”, to Hamro.Samman@winrock.org on or before February 21, 2017. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and Winrock reserves the right to fill the position if the right candidate is identified before the deadline.
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.