USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project, Nepal
Position Title: Project Officer(1)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Project Officer to join the dynamic, fast-moving team. This is a full-time position based in Kathmandu. The successful candidate will have prior experience with project management in development. The position will directly support and report to the Nepal MEL Activity Chief of Party (CoP) and work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP).
Assist the CoPin efficient project management of the technical elements ofthe project across multiple dimensions including the following.
- Help CoP and DCoP manage follow-through on supporting and tracking internally technical assignments using electronic project management tools
- Assist in management of regular processes and reporting, including weekly notes, quarterly and annual reports, work planning, and client reporting
- Compilate, write,or edit initial drafts of process-related deliverables
- Identify with project management technical and operational bottlenecks and problem solve solutions proactively
- Take notes during and develop follow-up lists after meeting with technical officer or other clients within USAID
- Assist CoP and DCoP in reviewing informal and formal deliverables to client for fidelity to requirements and informal agreements from meeting notes and emails
- Participate with the CoP and DCoP in liaising with and reporting of project activities to CAMRIS M&E practice staff and USAID COR
- Participate in liaising with external stakeholders, as requested
- Support technical staff as needed in the collection and storage of information including management and security of internal and external folders
- Provide support for technical components in documentation, information entry, note taking, as required
- Provide process or technical support for evaluations and performance management and monitoring sub-tasks, as assigned
- Use Excel, Microsoft Project, or similar software to develop, manage, and update work plan timelines.
- Provide assistanceon emails to CoP that can be managed from the project management level
- Support the operations staff in CAMRIS’ recruitment and onboarding of new staff and short-term consultants by channeling technical requirements and assisting the operational staff during peak load periods.
- Support project planning, close-out, extension, and follow-on work.
- Carry out other tasks developed in coordination with or assigned by the CoP or DCoP.
- Bachelor’s degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.) is required, master`s preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience working in the development field in Nepal;
- Exposure to monitoring and evaluation required; involvement in internal project monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- High level of sophistication with computer applications;
- Demonstrated handling of multiple assignments at the same time;
- Some exposure working with USAID preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali;
- Very high level of English fluency in writing demonstrated through writing samples;
- Good time management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experienced in using IT systems for project management; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by June 8, 2018 at the following link https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/3639/project-officer/job.