Vacancy Notice No:VN#NP/05/18
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Registration Assistant (Call Center)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position Required : 2 Positions
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed term , with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : May 28, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the International Migration Health Officer (IMHO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Medical Admin Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing information relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide immigrants information regarding health assessments by phone.
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries.
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required.
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments, and update the records.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluations.
- Receiving all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from IOM missions or Panel Physicians, update the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance if applicable.
- Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available.
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services as appropriate to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically.
- Filing incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Finance Assistant.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
12. Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
- Receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants;
- Checking applicant’s identity.
- Entering bio-data of the applicants in the appropriate platform;
- Taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform.
- Printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Social Sciences or related discipline from an accredited academic institution with two years of experience;
- High School degree in above field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- At least two years’ experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis;
- Previous experience working in a call centre will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of IT/Data entry is an advantage;
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset;
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience will be an advantage;
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resourcesô€‚ƒ Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 28 May 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 15.05.2018 to 28.05.2018