Fair Trade Group Nepal in partnership with Oxfam Nepal has been implementing “Sustainable Livelihoods Support for the Earthquake Affected Families in Nepal” since 2016 in five earthquake-affected districts namely Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu. The project aims to improve market access of earthquake affected men and women producers and FTGN members.
FTGN is looking for Admin and Finance Coordinator, to join our project team.
Basic Job Information
No. of vacancy/s:1
Employment type:Full time
Job location:Fair Trade Group Nepal office in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur.
Reporting to: Team Leader
Duration: Till 31 March, 2019 (with possibility of extension)
Apply before (Deadline):26 May, 2018
Admin & Finance Coordinator will be accountable to Team Leader. The overall responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Responsible for making payments in cash and through banks to all vendors, suppliers and consultants.
- Keep track of all financial records.
- Prepare monthly project financial reports and fund requests in close coordination with the Team leader
- Planning, handling and managing of pretty cash and other daily expenses
- Ensure that all Admin and financial documents are in line with the organizational policy and donor compliance.
- Maintain accounting entries in the accounting software
- Handle TAX clearance and other compliances with Government and other concerned departments.
- Reconciliation of staff advances and making necessary entries.
- Administer employee files and other files and record in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Review personnel records like staff contracts, leave reports, time sheet and travelling documents.
- Provide appropriate support on procurement, maintain the assets and inventory lists and supervise the inventory of store items and ensuring regular verification.
- Prepare and maintain contract/agreement with Vendors/Suppliers and other clients
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities, ensuring that all bills submitted by staffs are legitimate and meet with the accounting principle.
- Check and ensure that all expenditures of projects are in accordance with FTGN and Donors’ procedures
- Assist Team Leader for budget planning along with forecasting of the same.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Management with specialization in Account/finance or other relevant subject.
- At least 3 years of working experience in similar field in an I/NGOs or other developmental project/s.
- Proficient using MS-Applications including Word, Excel and Power point
- Good communication with reporting skills in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Master's degree in Management with specialization in Account/finance or other relevant subject
- Ability to work independently to build and maintain effective relationship with colleagues and wide range of clients/external parties.
- Proficient in using accounting software- Tally.
- Strong skills on report writing, documentation and database management.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter along with CV, contact details of 2 referees , clearly mentioning the title of position applied in the subject line of the email by 26 May, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly drop at Fair Trade Group Nepal, Secretariat at Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal (Opposite to British School, Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.