SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
TITLE: e-LMIS Quality Assurance Analyst
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The e-LMIS Quality Assurance Analyst will engage primarily with the Logistics Management Division (LMD), or the entity responsible for supply chain management information system within the Department of Health, Ministry of Health and relevant divisions and Ministries of Health Government of Nepal (GON) in provinces, and with external development partners (EDPs) to remain informed of significant changes, progress, and challenges related to the health commodity supply chain and the regulations, actors, and projects. The position and key responsibilities includes but not limited to,
- Liaise between eLMIS developers and the business analyst
- Lead software quality management to ensure that the delivered solution meets quality requirements
- Review and approve the test plan, test scenarios, test cases, test bed and test data
- Review and ensure that all eLMIS technical documentations are developed, updated and maintained
- Prepare and sign-off on acceptance criteria
- Assist in user acceptance testing (UAT), operational acceptance test and sign-off
- Review and approve essential non-functional tests
- Validate the meeting of user expectations over the quality management cycle
- Track quality assurance metrics, defect densities and open defect counts
- Publish test metrics to show the status
- Preserve test results
- Prepare and execute user level test scenarios for eLMIS product to validate its functional and non-functional (specially, but not limited to, performance, security, availability, tolerance and maintainability) integrity.
- Perform independent third-party user acceptance tests for patches, fixes, resolutions and regular monthly/quarterly releases on eLMIS Online, Offline and Mobile modules.
- Plan, prepare and execute product health audits for eLMIS Online, Offline and Mobile modules once on each quarter.
- Plan, prepare and execute service audits for eLMIS Online, Offline and Mobile deployment (for major releases, fixes and patches releases), support (L1, L2 and L3) services and resource services (for eg: available Internet consumption).
- Root cause analysis, defect density parameterization, fishbone and recommendations for the identified issues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- A BE, BTech, BCA or other IT related degree
- 5+ years of experience in IT software quality assurance level especially on certifying web-based and mobile applications. Application testing can be counted as part of QA roles performed only if it includes compliance test, security test, stress test and/or penetration tests.
- Good understanding of quality assurance best practices
- Ability to coordinate reviews, investigate issues and research and implement process and quality assurance
- Knowledge of test automation tools
- Experience of quality management of public sector health supply chain management software and tools
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and fluent English and Nepali.
eLMIS solution is customized implementation of a COTS solution. It consists of product level requirements and service level requirements. QA Analyst would perform all kinds of necessary QA measures to ensure the anticipated level of product and service quality are met.
Following deliverables would be produced by QA Analyst on given frequency:
1. Monthly QA Report including change logs, release notes, QA activities performed on the reporting period for eLMIS Online, Offline and Mobile modules
- Document would narrate QA activities performed
- Details of the executed test scripts along with their results
- Details of the further resolution or communication towards follow-through on test results with eLMIS vendor.
- Statistical and QC analysis of each patches, quarterly/monthly release and fixes.
- Compliance statistics and description summary keeping consideration of each releases, fixes and patches against the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Updated QA indicators and metrics to reflect the QA status
2. Quarterly Audit Reports for eLMIS Online, Offline and Mobile with separate highlights for product health and service quality.
3. Quarterly eLMIS Analyzer Report including statistical analysis of top 10 issues of reporting period with relevant Root Cause Analysis (RCA), defect density parameterization, fishbone and recommendations for improvement.
The e-LMIS Quality Assurance Analyst will report to directly to the e-LMIS Manager for technical activities.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal with a start date of 1 June 2018.
Chemonics International Inc. seek to recruit Quality Assurance Analyst for its USAID funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Nepal.
To apply please email the following to
A 2-3-page write-up giving your thoughts on how you would carry out the job you are applying for.
- Your up-to-date resume including the names of three referees and their phone numbers and email addresses.
- No phone calls concerning these positions please. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Only Nepali nationals need to apply.
Applications close out date for this position is 21st May 2018.