ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an engineering manager with extensive experience building and managing large ecommerce websites. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing and leading high performing teams. This position requires strong technical and organizational skills, and a passion for keeping oneself and the team up to date with technological advancements. The person must have hands-on experience designing and developing in an agile development environment, possessing expert knowledge of multi-tier applications, and highly scalable hosting environments (including AWS, on-prem and private data centers).
The successful candidate will lead and grow multiple development teams, and serve as a technology leader both within the Web App Development teams, and more broadly across Monotype.
- Manage a team of software engineers, and lead the technical planning, execution and operations.
- Responsible for the technology efforts of a portfolio of technology products, including website development and system integration.
- Work closely with the web marketing and UX/UI teams to create the desired customer experience.
- Functional responsibility of project resource including supporting of development and competency management.
- Serve as a focal point to communicate with the engineering team and stakeholders including business team.
- Ensure decisions and discussions lead to closure, and escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team.
- Responsible for the quality and timely releases of business requirements.
- Coach and help develop team members, assure that team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate in the team.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of web development experience on high-traffic customer-facing web products
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing multiple product development team with varied delivery cycles without supervision.
- A minimum of 4 years in designing and managing high volume live products
- Exposure to various web technology stacks like Microsoft, LAMP, MEAN etc.
- Hands-on in designing and defining database schema using micro-services/sites, single page applications, REST APIs, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experienced in iterative sprint cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to work with external partners and manage external vendors.
- Experienced stalker[a][b] and first-hand of upcoming technologies and technology stack including new trends.
- Experience in working in Agile development environment.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services, containerization, API Gateway etc.
- Experience with GIT, bitbucket, or Github and the Features branching workflow.
- Awesome written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a global and distributed environment with agility to mould communication for different audiences.