TRANSCULTURAL PSYCHOSOCIAL ORGANIZATION NEPAL (TPO Nepal) is a non-governmental organization established in 2005, working on psychosocial and mental health research, intervention design and implementation, capacity building and service provision.
The organization is currently looking for a full-time position of “IT Manager” based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to field sites. The vacancy opening for the position is for one year with possible extension. The first three months will be counted as probation period. The organization expects the IT Manager to provide technical lead on mHealth interventions and researches and develop/manage the organization’s digital data and data collection platforms. The person will be working with the Executive Manager, Technical Advisors and Research Coordinators providing technical lead in its mHealth studies and develop a strategy for digitalizing the organization’s data. Studies includes researches looking at mHealth technologies on understanding mother-child interaction to understand pre/post-natal mental health issues of the mother and child.The position is also expected to bring innovative digital solutions in research data collection and management.
Roles include: -
- Work with the Executive Manager, Technical advisors and Research Coordinators leading the technical aspects of mHealth interventions and researches in Nepal.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive digital data collection and management strategy.
- Build or adapt existing online/offline digital platforms for the organization’s different research activities. Platforms include but are not limited to – Open Data Kit (ODK), Research Stack, Redcap, Qualtrics, SMS APIs.
- Coordinate with tech experts from international project partners to configure and customize communication technologies as per the project’s need.
- Develop, establish and maintain a digital data storage system in accordance to international data safety guidelines.
- Train the organization’s researchers in digital data collection, safety and management.
Required competencies: -
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT with specialization in software development. Master’s degree will be given priority.
- Prior experience of working with digital data.
- Basic knowledge on quantitative and qualitative data; and on mHealth.
- Experience developing and using different digital data collection platforms.
- Willingness to work with a diverse team and flexible coordinating with international team from different time zones.
- Creative, focus on detail, highly organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines while ensuring accuracy of work.
- Prior experience working with non-governmental/academic institutions is an added value. In addition, the applicant should have an interest in mental health and psychological issues. Salary will depend on prior experiences, educationand motivation to work.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.
Interested applicants are requested to submit updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and a cover letter with subject head as “Application for the post of IT manager” email@example.com by no later than 16:00, May 31, 2018.
NOTE: Applications without cover letter will NOT be considered.