SAHAMATI (An Institution Dedicated For Community Plus Humane Development) a national level NGO invites application for the following positions to implement a partnership program with Lutheran World Relief (LWR) on Nepal-India Trans- boundary Flood Resilience Project in Susta, Pratapur, Sarawal and Binay Triveni Rural Municipality of Nawalparasi District to enhance communities well being and resilience to impact of flood.
1. Position: Project Coordinaror-1 (One)
Required qualification, experience and competencies
- At least Bachelor's Degree 5 years experiences and Master Degree 3 years experience in Disaster Risk Reduction or Environmental studies or environment management or related fields.
- Knowledge on disaster risk management (flood) , Community based DRR, Community based EWS, school based DRM and Disaster Resilience programs and livelihood program.
- Knowledge on LDRMP, DPRP, DDMP, DEOC, EWS, CBDRMP, SBDRMP.
- Knowledge on livelihood diversification, economic development,
- Have good analytical skills in planning, monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management
- Strong inter personnel skill with reporting in English and Nepali language
- Knowledge of disaster risk management related policies, frameworks, guidelines
- Sound in computer skill (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and office package) and English language
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the strict deadline
- Regular coordination and linkages with the district (DAO, DDC, DADO, DEOC, DHM etc.), rural municipality and community level stakeholders to achieve overall goal.
- Strong commitment to work in rural set up and disaster prone areas.
- Have valid motorcycle driving license
- Ensure effective implementation of the activities in accordance of the project agreement, strategy, objectives, results, indicators.
- Ensure of planned activities of the activities are well implemented within the framework of the project document, budget and work plan.
- Motivate, coordinate, build capacity and supervise staffs as well as provide them a morale support to encourage achieving project goal.
Salary and benefits for the above positions will be based upon organization rules and projects provision. Candidates meeting above requirements should apply by 15th February 2018 along with cover letter, resume with two referees. The applicant should clearly mention the position they are applying for and should be mailed to email@example.com.
Telephone calls will not be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection process.
“SAHAMATI is an Equal Opportulity Employer”