Architecture Sans Frontiers Nepal (ASF Nepal) is a non-profit NGO established by a group of professionals in the field of architecture, engineering and the built environment aiming to contribute to the sustainable development of disadvantageous communities in Nepal by sharing technical and scientific expertise, thereby helping communities improve the quality of their lives.
ASF Nepal is in partnership with Pourakhi Nepal for implementing repair and reconstruction of damaged houses in three earthquake effected districts in Nepal.
Position Title: Project Engineer
No of position required: 2
Duty Station: Rasuwa/Dhading and other project areas of the organization
Salary: As per the organizational rule
Project Engineer will have to assist in monitoring construction or reconstruction activities of the projects. S/He will also have to monitor the construction activities and assist in organising and delivering Community technical awareness sessions (technical, ODHR and others) and labour trainings (technical). S/He has to be active within local community networks already or willing to become active in representing community groups in the assigned area and work to facilitate resolution of dispute, conflicts between individuals, and among members of Community.
- To monitor the construction activities at the assigned site.
- To facilitate participatory design of houses with the households (advising, final technical choice and others)
- To facilitate resolution of dispute, conflicts between individuals, and among members of Community.
- To identify training needs of voluntary and community groups and refer groups to in-house training programme where appropriate.
- To support community consultations and talk to groups as appropriate.
- To guide the formation of various community representative working groups and community project implementation committees.
- To routinely monitor the projects activities and feedback findings to the community members and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the communities are continuously involved and kept up to date with priority project developments.
- To prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports in the stipulated day on standard reporting formats.
- Coordination and networking with NRA, HRRP and local government.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Master Degree in Structure is preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in building construction and site management
- Ability to lead a project team and field staff
- Good Observation, Assessment & Reporting Skills
- Good multi-tasking with time-management skills. Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team-working skills., ability to work independently, as well as in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English and Nepali
- Preference shall be given to those with experience in development sector.
- Design, construction and cost estimate skills, especially with appropriate materials and building systems (mud, bamboo, stone, wood, Concrete etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of ecological, appropriate and vernacular technologies
- Good understanding of technical details and retrofitting strategies
- Good comfort on construction sites
- Good knowledge in AUTOCAD and other design software
- Good knowledge in structural design and analysis software
- Great knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of humanitarian mechanisms – roles of Government agencies, National Clusters and International NGOs
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards of construction (shelter, latrines, layouts, etc.)
- Understanding of local NGOs and international NGOs mechanisms
- Adaptation skills, field competencies, mobility and reactivity
- Ability to interact comfortably with beneficiaries and communities’ stakeholders
Qualification and Interview process:
Qualified and interested should send their CV with two work related references and a cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone calls will not be entertained. Interview will take place on rolling basis.
To know more about ASF Nepal visit www.asfnepal.org
“Availability to start as soon as possible”