Job Description of System Administration:
We are currently looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our team. The System Administrator must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks. S/He will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our company’s computer systems.
The System Administrator will design and oversee local area networks, wide area networks, and network segments. Daily tasks may include installing, upgrading and monitoring software and hardware. The System Administrator will maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, laptop, and desktop PCs.
System Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Maintain network and system security
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways
- Perform network address assignment
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
System Administrator Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, degree or relevant experience
- Specific experience with Microsoft Operating Systems 2008R2 to 2012 R2, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Strong experience with server virtualization using Hyper –V; MCSA Windows Server 2012 (preferrable)
- Experience managing Citrix 5.X, 7.X and NetScaler environments.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory including implementation of GPOs to support the implementation settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers.
- Implementing and supporting management tools
- Expert-level utilizing PowerShell to automate common functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and infrastructure security